The Taos Inn is a full-service, boutique lodging facility containing 44 rentable units. The Taos Inn was officially established as a hotel in 1936. Following the initial construction of the Sandoval House in the late 1880s, the Taos Inn has been an integral part of the city. In the 1890s, Dr. Thomas Paul Martin ("Doc") established his physician's practice in what is now part of Doc Martin's Restaurant. He delivered numerous "Taosenos" in the alcove that was his office and delivery room. Furthermore, the Taos Society of Artists was founded in the Martins' dining room by Bert Phillips and Ernest Blumenshein in 1912. Helen Martin was also a gifted artist. After Doc's death, Helen purchased the additional parcels and constructed the courtyard rooms to open The Hotel Martin in 1936, following the destruction of the only hotel in Taos. The subject property has since been renamed the Taos Inn, and in 1982 the hotel was placed on the National and New Mexico Registers of Historic Places. In 1991, the current owners purchased the subject property, and the Helen House was added in 2006, along the with the renovation of a significant portion of the hotel rooms. The property contains four guestroom buildings and two ancillary buildings. Portions of the Main Building and Sandoval House were built in the late 1800s, while the Courtyard Building was constructed in the mid-1930s. The fourth guestroom building, Helen's House was built in 2006. The ancillary buildings are for maintenance and storage facilities.
Agent: Taos Properties Real Estate
If you are interested in this property or have questions Contact Us
The data relating to real estate for sale in this web site comes from the Internet Data exchange ("IDX") Program of TCAR MLS, Inc. Not all members of TCAR’s MLS are IDX Subscriber Brokers in the IDX Program. Real estate listings held by IDX Subscriber Brokers are marked with the IDX Logo. All data in this web site is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.