1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Malden Salt
1 teaspoon freshly Ground Pepper
20 Soft Shell Crabs, Cleaned
12 Tablespoons Sunflower or Neutral Oil
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Whisk flour, salt and pepper, place on a dinner plate. Dredge soft shell crabs in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Make sure the crabs are completely coated. Set aside.
2. Heat oil and butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. The oil should be very hot but not smoking. Place flour-coated crabs, back side down, in sauté pan; reduce heat to medium if pan starts to smoke. Sauté crabs until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes (be careful; crabs tend to spatter during cooking). Turn crabs over, and cook 2 minutes more.
3. Place crabs on a baking pan. Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons over the crabs. Keep warm in a low oven.
When ready place crabs on serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
2 Large Carrots, chopped
2 Celery Stalks, chopped
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Cup Basmati Rice, uncooked
2 Cups Cooked Chicken, shredded
Salt and Pepper
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice, about 4 medium lemons
1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
1. Add olive oil to sauté pan. Add garlic, carrots, and celery and sauté until soft. Set aside.
2. In a medium stock pot add chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and add rice. Once rice is cooked, about 25 minutes add the cook chicken and season with salt and pepper. Keep on low heat.
3. Prepare the Egg-Lemon Broth. In a medium bowl beat the eggs and mix in lemon juice until frothy. Ladle 1 cup of hot broth into Egg-Lemon Broth, whisking constantly until mixture is warm to touch. This prevents the eggs from curdling.
4. Stir the Egg-Lemon Broth into the stock pot. Keep at a light simmer. Add parsley and serve.
Orecchiette Pasta w/ Spinach, Mozzarella, Tomatoes & Pesto