Orecchiette with Sausage, Chard, and Tomatoes
· 1 pound Orecchiette Pasta
· Salt & Pepper
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 Pound Sweet Italian Sausage, casing removed
· 1 Bunch Swiss Chard, stems removed and thinly sliced
· 1 Pound Ripe Local Tomatoes, chopped
· 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
· ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese, extra for topping when served
· Fresh Basil, chopped
1. 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
2. 2. In a large skillet, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 3 minutes.
3. 3. Add chard to skillet and sauté until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until soft, an additional 10 minutes. Add Crushed Red Pepper.
4. 4. Transfer pasta into a large mixing bowl. Now add the reserve cup of water to coat pasta. Add ingredients from skillet. Mix together.
5. 5. Place Orecchiette with Sausage, Chard, and Tomatoes into a large serving bowl. Add Parmesan cheese and fresh Basil; season with Salt & Pepper.
6. Serves 4. Add Parmesan & Basil Sprig to each dish.
This lovely private home is situated at the beginning of a dead-end road off of Blueberry Hill Road. As you enter through the gates of this completely fenced property, you'll notice the beautiful & well cared for home, landscaped gardens, mature trees, fruit trees and a plethora of annual & perennial flower gardens. This gorgeous setting is accented by the backdrop of Taos Mountain. The 2,485 sq ft pueblo style home boasts 3 bedroom, 3 baths along with an attached light filled studio or workshop. Upon entering you will see the well-designed open floor plan beginning in the living room which has grand south facing passive solar windows, offering plenty of light and solar gain throughout the year. The living room flows into the large kitchen with ample cabinets and a picture window looking north at the mountain range. Large beams & tile floors accentuate the house giving this home a beautiful southwestern feel. The roomy master bedroom & bath are situated on the west side of the house. The other two bedrooms are separated to the east for privacy. The spacious attached open studio is perfect for an artist workshop, musicianâ€™s hangout or create a lovely extra living area for family or friends. There are many home improvements including new appliances, radon system, pressure tank for well & gas heaters. Situated on over an acre, relax and enjoy the serene Blueberry Hill neighborhood. The covered porch, outside sitting areas, latilla privacy fencing, and extensive landscaping including apple & pear fruit trees along with flower/vegetable gardens. The irrigation system keeps it all green and will make you feel like you're in paradise. NOW for something extra special...take a look at the unique and amazing geothermal semi-subterranean 1,100 sf, free standing GREENHOUSE. Now, might be the time to become self-sustaining and grow your own food & flowers in this the amazing environment. You will be amazed at the quantity of fresh vegetables, plants and herbs you can grow year round. Please call us for a private tour to see this magical property!
Orecchiette Pasta w/ Spinach, Mozzarella, Tomatoes & Pesto